Hi Fashionistas! I am so excited to tell you all about the top spring/early summer trends we saw last week at the clothing market in Vegas! I think there is something for everyone this season and all the trends are easy to wear!
1. “Cold Shoulder” and Off The Shoulder Tops and Dress – I love this trend, because I feel that all women have great shoulders and they should flaunt them! With the “cold shoulder” trend you can still wear a normal bra (which is a huge plus in my book) and the look is pretty casual. The off the shoulder trend will make you feel sexy and flirty! Here are two of my faves already online at Shop Swagger!
2. Tie – Dye – The tie-dye trend is back again for Spring 2016 with a vengeance! We saw it on everything from rompers to tops to maxi dresses! The trend is still mostly one color tie-dye which keeps the look fresh and not “I was at Woodstock” at all! I love this asymmetrical silhouette in tie-dye!
3. Pantone Colors of the year – Rose Quartz and Serenity – I’m not going to lie – I was a little scared when I heard these were the pantone colors for spring. I mean I’ve never been a pastel girl. Ever. But after I read up on the colors and how rose quartz conveys compassion and serenity brings feelings of relaxation, I thought well, I need those two things so I think I’ll give these colors a chance:) The other thing I loved was the pairings of these colors with neutrals and other mid-tones. Rose Quartz paired with olive or army green and serenity paired with smoky greys were amazing! Be on the look out for how you can mix this new spring trend with pieces you already own from fall to look street ready and on trend!
4. Olive and Rust – so I know that sounds strange after saying the Pantone colors are rose quartz and serenity, but almost every label we met with had olive and rust in their spring line. I’m not sure if that is what they are calling these colors, but that is what they look like:) However, they aren’t your olive and rust from fall – the colors are incorporated in little details like embroidery or in florals. And I love the olive/army green ombre in the sun dress below. How do you feel about this new trend?
5. Tassels and Pom Poms – Yay! They make me so happy!:) Shop Swagger has already started getting purses and scarves with these adorable accoutrements and the clothes – oh my! So adorable! Usually when I hear someone say pom poms or tassels I think lots of colors – which is no different this season, but you will also see a lot of monochromatic looks too! I can’t wait! I may even try to incorporate a pom pom or tassel into every outfit I wear for the whole summer just to keep me in a good mood!:)
So what do you think about Spring 2016 trends? Which ones are you the most excited about? I’d love to hear from you, so please – comment below!
It’s December 1st and I can’t believe Christmas is only 24 days away! We have so many fun things on the calendar that I’m sure the days are going to fly by! Forget the fact that my Christmas cards aren’t ordered and that I’ve only purchased 3 gifts (eek!) – what’s really on my mind is – what am I wearing to all these events?! Haha – you know – I don’t have a thing to wear in my closet;)
So many cute things going instore and online today that I HAD TO try them all on and make my decisions!! What do you think?
I’m pretty much infatuated with the floral dress by Everly! I love the fit – figure flattering but not tight, the flutter sleeves and of course the pattern! I plan on wearing it to my husband’s annual Christmas work party at Jimmy V’s – they deserve a shout out because dinner is always amazing!! This outfit is dressy without trying too hard and is really comfy – yay for me! This year I don’t have to suffer for fashion – haha.
I also love the navy dress with the hot pink floral burnout pattern. It is going to be perfect for a night out to dinner with our friends! Although black IS my signature color, I do love navy on blondes – especially this time of year when most of us are pasty from not being outside – or is that just me??
Finally, one of my favorite events of the season is An Evening with Elves at Marbles Kids Museum. Our daughter loves it and it’s really a magical night! If you are in Raleigh and have young kids, I highly recommend making it a family tradition! This year I plan on wearing one of our piko sweaters with a long necklace and bralette. Comfort is key since I’ll be chasing Kennedy all over the place, but I want to look cute in the pics – right? Nothing better for that scenario than a piko sweater!
Here we are last year at An Evening with Elves!
I promise to post a pic on Swagger’s social media from all our events! Please follow us – links are in the right hand column, and send us pics of you in your Swagger holiday attire – you never know where they will end up!:)
I am so excited for fall since I got back from the Gift Mart, but I’ve had a bit of a conundrum. I want to put on my favorite pair of boots, throw on a sweater dress and come to work, but since it is 100 degrees outside that isn’t going to happen! But much to my delight, the fall transition pieces I ordered came in and were hanging in my office this morning! So even if I can’t necessarily wear them – at least I can look at them… and buy a few – of course;)
After being literally giddy about all the colors and textures my marketing manager and I realized it was time for a second episode of “What’s in Mandy’s closet” and we thought what better than one on Fall transition pieces. And I can add a few pieces to my closet without feeling guilty – I mean, it’s for work – right?! (Hopefully my husband doesn’t see this post or my gig is up – he kind of put me on spending probation… But again, this doesn’t count because it’s for work – right?)
So anyway – back to business. Here is – the second episode of ‘What’s in Mandy’s Closet?” on fall transition pieces. I really loved making it and was surprised at the shockingly small numbers of takes we had. Go Mandy. Go Mandy:)
Sooooooo – what did you think? I particularly love the tie-dyed asymmetrical top with skinny jeans and booties – I know I’m going to be wearing that a lot! And the olive knit dress can actually be worn now with sandals. How do you feel about the floppy knit hats for fall? I’m obsessed! Whenever I see one on someone I think about how cute they look, so this season I’m jumping on the bandwagon! And I love long necklaces because they trick the eye into thinking you are taller than you actually are – and at 5’4″ – I need all the help I can get!
So just a little recap on what we are seeing for early fall trends:
1. Boho chic – everything fringe, suede, tassles, flowy body styles
2. The color of the year, Marsala – which is basically burgundy but they gave it a fancy name:)
3. Floppy knit hats
4. Tie dye – tie dye is transitioning from summer to fall in a big way so rock your inner 70’s star!
I hope this post helped you get some ideas for fall! Bring on the cold weather!!