Hi Fashionistas! I am so excited to tell you all about the top spring/early summer trends we saw last week at the clothing market in Vegas! I think there is something for everyone this season and all the trends are easy to wear!
1. “Cold Shoulder” and Off The Shoulder Tops and Dress – I love this trend, because I feel that all women have great shoulders and they should flaunt them! With the “cold shoulder” trend you can still wear a normal bra (which is a huge plus in my book) and the look is pretty casual. The off the shoulder trend will make you feel sexy and flirty! Here are two of my faves already online at Shop Swagger!
2. Tie – Dye – The tie-dye trend is back again for Spring 2016 with a vengeance! We saw it on everything from rompers to tops to maxi dresses! The trend is still mostly one color tie-dye which keeps the look fresh and not “I was at Woodstock” at all! I love this asymmetrical silhouette in tie-dye!
3. Pantone Colors of the year – Rose Quartz and Serenity – I’m not going to lie – I was a little scared when I heard these were the pantone colors for spring. I mean I’ve never been a pastel girl. Ever. But after I read up on the colors and how rose quartz conveys compassion and serenity brings feelings of relaxation, I thought well, I need those two things so I think I’ll give these colors a chance:) The other thing I loved was the pairings of these colors with neutrals and other mid-tones. Rose Quartz paired with olive or army green and serenity paired with smoky greys were amazing! Be on the look out for how you can mix this new spring trend with pieces you already own from fall to look street ready and on trend!
4. Olive and Rust – so I know that sounds strange after saying the Pantone colors are rose quartz and serenity, but almost every label we met with had olive and rust in their spring line. I’m not sure if that is what they are calling these colors, but that is what they look like:) However, they aren’t your olive and rust from fall – the colors are incorporated in little details like embroidery or in florals. And I love the olive/army green ombre in the sun dress below. How do you feel about this new trend?
5. Tassels and Pom Poms – Yay! They make me so happy!:) Shop Swagger has already started getting purses and scarves with these adorable accoutrements and the clothes – oh my! So adorable! Usually when I hear someone say pom poms or tassels I think lots of colors – which is no different this season, but you will also see a lot of monochromatic looks too! I can’t wait! I may even try to incorporate a pom pom or tassel into every outfit I wear for the whole summer just to keep me in a good mood!:)
So what do you think about Spring 2016 trends? Which ones are you the most excited about? I’d love to hear from you, so please – comment below!